Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in California

I completed and filed a tax return for a friend of mine using information she provided. Now I it appears that she provided me with untrue information for some areas of the return giving her a refund amount she wasnt entitled to. She never recieved her refund and now she is accusing me of taking her refund and even filing her information fraudulently without her permission. I havent been charged with anything yet but she has gone to the police and Im sure it will only be a matter of time before the police will come to see me. What do I do to protect myself?

Asked on 6/12/12, 5:38 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Scott Jordan Jordan Law Office

You should consult with a local criminal defense attorney, preferably one who is knowledge in tax fraud.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 6/12/12, 5:42 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in California