Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in California

I have a debt owed to me in which the gentleman has been blatantly manipulative & evasive about payment, he has giving me a handful of different excuses, & time frames for payment one after another & hasn't come through with any of them. Most recently he said he mailed out the money order, but refuses to provide proof with a receipt or anything else, & this was about 3 weeks ago. I want to file a claim, & want to know if & how much interest I can request in the state of CA?

Asked on 5/10/13, 11:11 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joel Selik

There are a number of factual quesstions. First, was it an agreement in writing? Is there an interest rate stated? How much was the debt and what was it for. You can sue in small claims court for up to $10,000.

Read more
Answered on 5/10/13, 11:18 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in California