Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in California

I have a judgment in CA (default judgment) for a car that I co-signed for when I was 19 yrs. old and I am now 32. Stupid decision, I know. The judgment was for a total of approx. 10,000. A collection lawyer called and said that I owed over 20,000 (I guess this is interest?) What are my options at this point? I don't have the money to pay for a car that isn't worth even half of what they are asking for. What is the wisest decision at this point? Get a lawyer?

Asked on 5/24/17, 11:02 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Scott Jordan Jordan Law Office

Do you still have the car?

When was the default judgment taken?

Were you served the complaint?

When was the original default date?

Your options will depend on the answers to the above questions.

Read more
Answered on 5/24/17, 1:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in California