Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in California

I took out a payday loan 2 yrs ago and never paid it. They are calling me from a law office that they are going to file a complaint of fraud against me. I talked to them trying to pay but they would not send me any information he said they can only send me a letter stating I paid in full once it was paid. I want to pay it but they want me to pay with my CC without showing or giving me any paperwork. Can I go to jail for this? Can I be convicted of fraud?

Asked on 10/16/13, 12:52 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Scott Jordan Dunning Law Firm

It sounds like a scam to me. If the lawyer cannot prove up their bill, how can they sue you?

As for going to jail, no you cannot go to jail for not paying a bill. Even if it is fraud, the most a non-governmental agency can do is sue you in civil court.

Read more
Answered on 10/16/13, 1:24 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in California