Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in California

I won judgment against former employer. The labor comissioner named only the llc as defendant . Sec of state data states the llc had been cancelled since 2010 and former employer is the only officer.I have garnished the llc bank account. But it account had 10% of judgment

What is the procedure in asking the court to ammend judgment and add former employers name.

Asked on 7/01/13, 6:13 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Charles Perry Law Offices of Charles R. Perry

The following article comes from the LA County Bar Association on using California Code of Civil Procedure Section 187 to amend a judgment. Folder/Sections/Provisional & Post-Judgement Remedies/Images/CCP_187.pdf

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 7/01/13, 6:45 am

Kelvin Green The Law Office of Kelvin Green

Amending the judgment will be more than just adding a name.

The reason an LLC exists is to protect individuals from personal liability. You will need to prove that the LLC did not follow all requirements to receive protection from limited liability laws...remember as plaintiff you have burden of proof here and must be able to substantiate that claim to ...

Read more
Answered on 7/01/13, 7:30 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in California