Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

2/19/2016, drop off my 2015 Sonata at Capitol Hyundai for service, pickup vehicle on 2/24 and found fender was damaged, half tank of gas was gone and 56 extra mile

on the clock. Mechanic claimed he "test drive" 56 miles on the Sonata. I immediately complained to the manager that I suspect dishonest employees stole my Sonata

for Uber service, but the manager just keep on defending his mechanic. Manager finnaly agreed to fix the fender and will let me know when it is ready. Over that

2/28 weekend, I got very bad feelings about the whole odeal and email to Shawna Feci expressing my worries, knowing I have exposed a bunch of employees stealing

coustomer's vehicle for personal gain, and I would be "public enemy" number one at Capitol. On fearful of reprisal I called Shawna on 2/29, asking to get my car

back without the need to fix the fender, and I am willing to walk away and bite the bullet. Shawna called back later saying it was too late because the fender was

dismentled. On 3/2, Michael J's called for me to pick up my car; upon arrival, the front fender has been fixed, but more dings and dents appear all over the car,

the Sonata was viciously sabotaged. Fortunately Michael J's documented the vehicle when it arrived at the body shop with 28 pictures, only one was related to the

original front fender damage on 2/24. From day one I asked for the name of the machanic, I want to talk to him to find out the TRUTH; still have no name today.

When sabotage was discovered, I repeatedly suggest it is time to report to the police, even went to the office to talk to the GM Joanna on 3/5; still on police report.

Capitol management is harboring criminals and failed miserably to the public trust.

I filed the above police report on 3/7/2016.

Almost one month later Capitol offer no help, no repair, no contact.

I am 70 years old and for the 30 days I can not sleep, can not concentrate to work and suffer great pain.

Can I sue Capitol?

Asked on 3/11/16, 3:25 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lyle Johnson Bedi and Johnson Attorneys at Law

Contact the Department of Motor Vehicles and report this conduct by the dealer.

Read more
Answered on 3/11/16, 9:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California