Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

I'm 19 and I lost my wallet a month ago and in ny wallet I had my ticket and I just found out today I missed my court date and now I have a warrant. is there any way I can explain to a judge what happend or have an extension after falling to appear to court

Asked on 7/01/19, 11:21 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

Yes, by going to court, checking in at the clerk's office and asking the case be put on calendar in one of. the departments. You then get to try to excuse your failure to appear with the judge. If you have no prior criminal record or other failures to appear, the judge will likely assess you a modest fine for the FTA and then put the case itself back on active calendar. Since this appears to be a traffic ticker, you should not require an attornay to handle it from there.

Read more
Answered on 7/02/19, 3:18 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California