Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

I'm in my 30's and was verbally, emotionally and mentally abused by my step-mother when I was a child. I have been suffering for years from the abuse. I want to know what I can do legally? Is there a statute of limitation for things like this? What can I do in criminal and/or civil court? What is my first step?

Asked on 9/30/13, 2:12 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

Your first and only step is to try to reconcile, forgive, forget, etc. There are no remaining grounds for any legal action, the statutes of limitations ran out years ago.

Read more
Answered on 10/01/13, 5:28 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California