Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

my 17 year old is being charge with 246 the DA is trying to charge him as adult the police search my house they didnt find no weapon,they only took his phone an my ex husband baseball hat an they assume it was my son but there is a lady saying my son resembles the guy she saw shooting.that all they have. so now the DA said they can drop charging him as adult if he accepts to being guilty to charge 246 an he will go to Y.A for 2 years is anybody out there can tell me if he should accept the deal

Asked on 8/10/13, 10:14 am

4 Answers from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

Why isn't this being discussed with your son's lawyer who has the ability to look at the file and is familiar with all of the underlying facts and can determine whether this is a good deal or not?

Read more
Answered on 8/10/13, 10:20 am

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

No, there is no one that is going to give you a legal opinion whether someone else should enter a plea, because that would be improper to do without an Attorney-Client relationship being created by the defendant hiring counsel, and the attorney becoming familiar with all the facts and evidence in the case.

If serious about hiring him an attorney, feel free to contact me to arrange a consultation for him.

Read more
Answered on 8/10/13, 11:47 am
John Laurie Gertz and Laurie

This needs to be discussed with an attorney in person. You should consult with your sons attorney. If you are looking for a second opinion and are willing to pay a consultation fee, feel free to call my office at 818 345-0123

Read more
Answered on 8/11/13, 11:14 pm
Joe Dane Law Office of Joe Dane

There's no way any attorney here (or with just a consultation) should advise you whether your son should take a deal or not. The ONLY person who should be answering is your son's lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 8/12/13, 7:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California