Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

My 19 year old son got arrested on Halloween night, he was completely drunk at a house party in the back yard. The cops came to break it up and a cop told my son "call me a p*ssy again and I will pepper spray you!", so my son did and the cop pepper sprayed him. Three cops jumped on top of him and arrested him. Later that night at 3 am I get a call from one of the officers telling me I may come and pick up my son from the drunk tank, that he is calm down and he may go. Three minutes later the officer called me back and said never mind he is out of control I'm booking him in jail now sorry I tries to give him a chance. He spent 4 days in jail. Now he has court and is charges with PC 148 (a)(1) obstruct/resist/etc public/peace officer/emergency med te. Should he plead guilty? Do you think he will have to do jail time?

Asked on 12/29/15, 3:50 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lyle Johnson Bedi and Johnson Attorneys at Law

He should plead not guilty. He needs to either retain an attorney to represent him or have the public defender appointed as his attorney./

Read more
Answered on 12/29/15, 4:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California