Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

amend complaint

After defendant in a criminal matther has entered a plea of not guilty can the prosecutor amend the complaint.

Asked on 3/05/09, 4:45 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jacek W. Lentz Law Offices of Jacek W. Lentz

Re: amend complaint

Generally speaking, yes. Complaint can be amended any time except in a felony matter after Preliminary Hearing where any additional charges would not be supported by the evidence in the Preliminary Hearing transcript.

Hope this helps,

Jacek W. Lentz, Esq.


Read more
Answered on 3/05/09, 1:14 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California