Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

I asked this before but no responce. I was pulled over because a police officer thought i was running across the street. I was walking in the middle of the street because there are a lot of bushes and it was 130 in the morning. He got out of his car asked me why i was i told him i wasnt and told him why. I said im going to keep on walkin (on the sidewalk) he said ok. So he starts following me , he is driving as fast as iam walking right behind me. So iask him why he is doing this and says do you want to talk to me now i says no and keep walking. After about 10 min of this i said to him what i told him before that i didnt want to walk on the sidewalk cuz of the bushes and that ive been drag in to them like that before and robbed. Then he says i want to know who you are isaid im not telling him. So i start walking again and he followed me like that for 1.3 miles or 23 minutes. (i measured the distants on google map) I finally had to go across a overpass for pedestrians only and i hid in some apartments. He did try to hurry around to catch up with me but he was to late. That has to be harasment but i dont want to just make a complaint because it not going to do anything. And i dont want to take to court cuz i dont want money i just want him to know that he cant be doing that. Thanks for your time.

Asked on 7/02/13, 12:19 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Kelvin Green The Law Office of Kelvin Green

It was 1:30 in the morning, you were walking in the middle of the street, and you would nt answer some basic questions? Feel lucky that all he did was follow you... You could have been detailed and easy questioned.

Even assuming what he did was not proper how do you think the court will let him know he can't do it?

To sue you need damages and there are little here. You can fie a complaint... Nothing else available... Let it go...

Read more
Answered on 7/02/13, 5:36 am

John Laurie Gertz and Laurie

If you don't want to go to court, and I am not sure you have a case or damages, and if you dont want to complain to the police department I so not see another option.

Read more
Answered on 7/02/13, 10:24 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California