Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

Is there a way to beat a 11550(a) h&s case. I gave them a urine sample, im not on probation or parole. I believe that the only reason why he charged me with it was he wanted to search me because he asked me if he could I told him no and he said " Thats not the answer of a innocent person". He read me the miranda rights and I said " Im going to talk to a lawyer " and he said " Go ahead and sue me ". He started to ask me questions anyways I think he miss understood me . I really dont want this charge I just got off probation after being on it for 20 yrs. When he rolled up on me I immediatley handed him my id card and i started explaing my reason for not having a light on my bike while riding at night. He said he wasnt worry about that and he thought I was some one else and thats why he pulled me over. I had smoked earlier but I dont know if it had enough tie to show in a test. I appreciate your time, thank you.

Asked on 2/10/13, 5:51 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Philip Hache Law Office of Philip D. Hache, A Professional Corporation

It is possible. It may be possible to file and win motion to suppress based on what you wrote. Particularly if the officer does not mention anything about the vehicle code violation for not having lights on at night...but it is probably likely that he listed that in the police report. I would recommend that you contact an criminal defense attorney in your area to discuss your case in more detail. I would not recommend putting specific info about your case on any public website.

Read more
Answered on 2/10/13, 11:27 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California