Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

My boyfriend, 40 yrs old was arrested for throwing a rock at a vehicle while Manic (bipolar). He has been stable for 9 years until recently. Is is being charged for Vandalism (594 PC) and throwing an object a vehicle (VC), both misdemeanors. Is there case law protecting the mentally ill for such misd crimes in California? I am looking for case law protecting him from civil liability, criminal defense, and possibly a deferred criminal conviction.

Thank you in advance

Asked on 8/17/16, 12:48 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David M. Wallin Law Offices OF David M. Wallin

It is clear that your boyfriend needs an expert criminal defense attorney , to try to get him the best possible resolution. If you want to contact me by phone at 661-2671313, we can over the facts and I can help to direct you on how to proceed. I wish you and your boyfriend the best. David Wallin

Read more
Answered on 8/17/16, 1:10 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California