Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

I am being charged with gbi. but in court the victim said that the victim started hitting me nd pussing me. can I press charges even if I am being prosecuted?

Asked on 6/14/19, 11:20 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

You can always try - by filing a police report, if they will accept it.

More to the point, you should have a good criminal defense attorney, like one of us, to use those claimed facts in your defense. You do have one, right? If not, hire one immediately. These charges carry significant penalties that an attorney can try to minimize in a plea bargaining, by Motions, or at trial.

Read more
Answered on 6/14/19, 11:40 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California