Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

I was charged with 459 PC Burglary (going in intending on stealing) and 496 PC receive stolen" (walking around with stolen items) because of stealing at the mall about $550 worth of stuff from multiple retailers . I'm 18 , first time offender I'm generally good kid.what steps should I take, I have no $$ for a lawyer. What sentencing I'm I looking at.

Asked on 6/16/13, 10:31 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Lyle Johnson Bedi and Johnson Attorneys at Law

At your first court appearance you should request that the court appoint an attorney to represent you. Further do not discuss this with anyone but your attorney, anyone else you talk to can be called as a witness against you. The sentence depends on the local court policy, the district attorneys policy. The minimum is probation and the maximum is state prison.

Read more
Answered on 6/16/13, 2:07 pm

John Laurie Gertz and Laurie

You need to ask for a public defender at the first hearing, and do not, i repeat do not talk about this to anyone other than your attorney.

This gratuitous response does not create an attorney client relationship. The advice provided herein is generic, may not apply to your circumstances and is not to be relied upon in your actions. An attorney client relationship is created only upon execution of an engagement letter or retainer agreement hiring me or my firm..

Read more
Answered on 6/16/13, 9:04 pm
Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

First step with no money?

Apply for the Public Defender and ask his advice.

Read more
Answered on 6/20/13, 3:19 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California