Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

Can I be charged with anything if I stay/rent on a property where the land lord grows marijuana?

Asked on 3/10/13, 4:37 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

It could cause a problem with either the state or the federal government. On the California side, it could cause problems if you don't have a state granted right to grow marijuana for the prescription program. At the federal level, you need to keep in mind that marijuana is still considered a controlled substance, and you could be prosecuted.

Read more
Answered on 3/11/13, 9:30 am
Zadik Shapiro Law Offices of C. Zadik Shapiro

Anyone can be charged with anything. Convicting you is another matter.

Read more
Answered on 3/11/13, 10:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California