Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

No charges were ever filed and the police were not called. On a domestic assault case that was more than 1 1/2 years ago in CA. Can the person file charges now?

Asked on 6/14/17, 9:11 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Arash Hashemi Law Offices of Arash Hashemi

The Prosecuting Agency (ie. the District Attorney / City Attorney) "files" charges.

The person (victim) can report the incident to the police.

Read more
Answered on 6/14/17, 10:41 am
Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

Since no police report was made at the time, it is way too late to do so now.

Read more
Answered on 6/15/17, 8:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California