Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

Complaint filed by DA on dismissed felony case

I was arrested and charged with felony weapons charge. The case was dismissed. It now has been given a new case number and the district attorney has filed a complaint. Does this mean I will be retried and possibly convicted of the crime?

I was given information that this was happening by a friend in the court system and confirmed it on the internet. I don't believe a warrant is out for my arrest. How do I find that out? Should I seek legal counsel now?

Asked on 11/09/02, 11:38 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Diamond Diamond & Associates

Re: Complaint filed by DA on dismissed felony case

Seeking legal counsel from the start may be the deciding factor in the outcome of your criminal charges. It never works against you to hire private counsel. Please contact my office at 310/277-1707.


Lawrence Wolf, Esq.

Read more
Answered on 11/11/02, 12:26 pm
Lyle Johnson Bedi and Johnson Attorneys at Law

Re: Complaint filed by DA on dismissed felony case

You stated that the charges were dismissed. if by that you mean that the charges were dismissed prior to trial, then the da can refile. you should contact an attorney regarding this matter. you should also be prepared to post bail if arrested.

If jeopardy attached in the first case an attorney may be able to file a writ or motion to stop the case before it goes any further.

Read more
Answered on 11/12/02, 1:37 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California