Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

My daughter was givin a flat sceen tv as a reward for finding a neighbor cell phone, the woman changed her mind wanted her tv back My daughter refused and she had my daughter arrested for robbry now the police want the tv,should we give it to them

Asked on 10/06/13, 2:00 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Zadik Shapiro Law Offices of C. Zadik Shapiro

Only if they have a search warrant for it.

Read more
Answered on 10/06/13, 11:32 am

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

Your daughter was arrested, meaning there are criminal charges she should be defending. Any evidence can be obtained by the police by them simply getting a search warrant, then you will not have any right to refuse.

When charged with any crime, the proper questions are, can any evidence obtained in a test, search or statement be used against you, can you be convicted, and what can you do? While this isn't a 'capital case', it certainly carries potential ‘time’, so handle it right. If you don't know how to represent yourself effectively against an experienced prosecutor intending to convict, then hire an attorney who does, who will try to get a dismissal, charge reduction, diversion, programs, or other decent outcome through motions, plea bargain, or take it to trial if appropriate.

If serious about hiring counsel to help in this, and if this is in SoCal courts, feel free to contact me. I’ll be happy to help fight and get the best outcome possible, using whatever defenses and sympathies there may be.

Read more
Answered on 10/08/13, 2:40 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California