Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

My daughters boyfriend recently hit me in my face busting my mouth and some teeth out cops came to my work took pictures I pressed charges he is on probation just got out of jail on burglary charges now he's in jail for warrant 10 day flash will he be charged for what he did to me?

Asked on 8/06/16, 2:06 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Joe Dane Law Office of Joe Dane

Contact the DA's office and ask them. They should also have a victim liaison that can track the case and keep you informed. When you call, tell them you're the victim and want ronbe kept up to date. They have certain obligations to do so under Marsy's law.

Read more
Answered on 8/06/16, 9:21 am
Lyle Johnson Bedi and Johnson Attorneys at Law

You should also request a restraining order from court. The criminal court should issue a temporary restraining order. This order will last only as long as he is on probation. You can go the court and obtain a restraining order for up to 5 years. Violation of these restraining order is a crime. Contact an attorney regarding the restraining order.

Read more
Answered on 8/06/16, 11:48 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California