Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

I was driving my friends car intoxicated, and crashed the veihicle. We were both intoxicated when the cops came to the scene. THe person who owned the car plead guilty to driving the car, and got prosecuted for a DUI. She went to court the next morning, plead guilty, and finished her 24 sentence. I was convicted with a minor in consumption and signed the plea bargain for that charge. Its been 2 months since the accident, she is now trying to reverse the charges and is requesting that i sign a deposition to say that i was the driver of the car. What are all of my legal options and can she do anything to prosecute me if i dont sign the deposition.

Asked on 5/25/13, 7:44 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Kelvin Green The Law Office of Kelvin Green

They pleaded guilty. This is what you get when you lie and try and pull a fast one...don't sign anything don't do anything. If she tries she admits to perjury...she admitted to the crime and fully understood what was happening...

Read more
Answered on 5/25/13, 7:59 pm

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

Legally, there is nothing that she can do. Which just prove to show how flawed our system is. Morally, I do not agree with you, but this is lawguru, not moralguru.

Read more
Answered on 5/25/13, 8:12 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California