Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

Im getting drug court in san diego but want to move to colorado to better my life how would i go about a transfer

Asked on 7/22/13, 8:46 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

You probably won't. Cases are handled in the court and county where they occur. You would have to file a Motion in court seeking transfer of probation and supervision. Before filing, you will have to have the written consent of the other state probation dept and any other agency that would be involved. You will also need the written consent of this probation dept. If willing to hire counsel here to pursue this, feel free to contact me. I could then arrange for counsel in the other state to try to obtain what you need.

Read more
Answered on 7/22/13, 10:56 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California