Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

about a drug offence

I was arrested and charged with HS11378. I was released on my own reconnaissance. They gave me a date to appear and on this date they had not yet filed. A couple of weeks later I received a letter of appearance. In this letter it now stated that I am been charged with HS11378 and HS11377(a). Why did they add this charge to my case.

Asked on 12/19/08, 2:41 am

4 Answers from Attorneys

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

Re: about a drug offence

You'll find out when you review the formal complaint filed, which you'll get when you are arraigned. Hire an attorney unless you want to play 'pro per' and fight the prosecutor by yourself.

Read more
Answered on 12/19/08, 2:29 pm
Ryan P. McClure The Law Offices of Ryan P. McClure

Re: about a drug offence

When you are arraigned your attorney or the public defender can explain to you why you were charged with an additional count. You really should consider hiring your own attorney if you can afford it. Good Luck.

Read more
Answered on 12/19/08, 3:44 pm

Re: about a drug offence

Get represented immediatey as the D.A. will likly make a motion to confiscate all cash and assets as fruits of criminal activity. Contact me directly.

Read more
Answered on 12/19/08, 6:33 pm
Jacek W. Lentz Law Offices of Jacek W. Lentz

Re: about a drug offence

The prosecution can include any and all charges they feel are supported by the facts. Just because the police initially wrote down only one charge it does not mean the prosecution is bound by that determination.

Looks like they are charging you for both, simple possession and possession for sale. Get a good lawyer,no doubt.


Jacek W Lentz, Esq.


Read more
Answered on 12/19/08, 8:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California