Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

I have a felony in Orange County Ca. from 2009-2010 I'm currently living in Gardner Kansas and because every job I try to get does a background check I lose the job. What can I do ?

Asked on 12/30/15, 9:34 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Barney Gibbs Law Office of Barney B. Gibbs

this case needs to be addressed.If it has not been handled that needs to be done,if it has been disposed of it may be able to seek an expungement.My offfice can help.

Read more
Answered on 12/30/15, 11:34 am
Joe Dane Law Office of Joe Dane

If this is an old conviction, depending on what the charge was, you may be able to reduce it to a misdemeanor or seek a retroactive dismissal where you may not have to disclose it during employment backgrounds.

My office is in Orange County if you'd like to discuss your options further.

Read more
Answered on 12/30/15, 11:45 am
Allen Farshi Law Offices of Allen Farshi

Your answer depends on the type of felony you were charged with next part is 1. whether you are eligible for an expungment (No new cases and not currently on probation) 2. Whether you did any jail time in a state penitentiary if the answer to both questions is in the negative, and the felony is one that can be expunged I can reduce it in a 2 step process, 1st to a misdemeanor and then move for a dismissal . Also under prop 47 now many former non violent felonies can be reduced to a misdemeanor. if you decide to move ahead with this process. I can help. My practice is both in LA and OC 310 882 6500

Read more
Answered on 12/30/15, 11:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California