Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

I had a gratuitous guest who refuse to leave my home. His been serve by letter and verbal to leave. If I lock then out the police can force me to open my home to them.

Asked on 7/13/12, 7:07 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Peter Tuann Law Office of Peter Tuann

NO!, they do not have a right to be there, call the police and have the police escort them out, then change the locks. They can't show the police a lease or rental agreement or contract, they have no right to be there.

Read more
Answered on 7/13/12, 8:00 pm
Theresa Hofmeister Theresa Hofmeister, Attorney At Law

Rarely are legal questions this easy to answer! That's a cut-and-dried no ... no one can force you to house someone (not your minor children) against your will. Good luck!

Read more
Answered on 7/13/12, 8:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California