Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

If my husband has 2 strikes from 2006 and is currently facing a Great Bodily Injury charge. Will he be sentenced to life & recieve a 3rd strike? Can we get the charge reduced?

Asked on 9/22/13, 3:41 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

David M. Wallin Law Offices OF David M. Wallin

As a former Deputy District Attorney, I believe the prosecitor will be seeking 25 years to life. Of course I don't know the strength of their case or the actual charges of the priors but based on the limited information you have provided, he is in trouble and you should seek a qualified attroney who will fight for him. I wish you well.........David Walli.

Read more
Answered on 9/22/13, 3:59 pm

Joe Dane Law Office of Joe Dane

If he truly has 2 prior strikes (many people are mistaken about their true record), a current serious or violent offense would qualify him for a third strike sentence of 25-life. If the two strikes are from the same case and a Romero motion is granted or if the current offense isn't a strike itself, it takes 25-life off the table.

Under any scenario, he is is a heap of trouble and needs the best attorney he can get.

You need a good criminal defense attorney. I'd strongly suggest you find someone who focuses on criminal law and who routinely practices in the court where this case will be heard.

Read more
Answered on 9/22/13, 5:18 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California