Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

Do I need a lawyer to find out if a friend who is serving time, if his charges are running concurrently? He is serving in Georgia

Asked on 6/20/13, 3:47 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Edward Hoffman Law Offices of Edward A. Hoffman

Your friend's sentence is a matter of public record. You should not need a lawyer to find out what it is. The information might be readily available online. If it isn't, you may be able to find out who his lawyer was and get the info from her. Otherwise your best bet may be to pay an attorney service (skilled workers who know how to find documents in court files) to get you a copy of the sentencing order. You will need to hire a service in the city or county where your friend was convicted. Services near you may be able to refer you to someone in that area.

Read more
Answered on 6/20/13, 3:54 pm

Zadik Shapiro Law Offices of C. Zadik Shapiro

Also if your friend has a TX date (the date on which he or she should be released) that should give you some idea as to whether the sentence is running concurrently or consecutively.

Read more
Answered on 6/20/13, 8:03 pm
John Laurie Gertz and Laurie

Why dont you just ask him/her

Read more
Answered on 6/23/13, 9:40 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California