Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

Do I need a lawyer to request a felony conviction be reduced?

Asked on 11/16/12, 11:56 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Edward Hoffman Law Offices of Edward A. Hoffman

No. But the request is more likely to be granted if it is made properly and presented well. A lawyer is much more likely to know how to do that.

Read more
Answered on 11/16/12, 12:33 pm

Theresa Hofmeister Theresa Hofmeister, Attorney At Law

I just answered your other question posted ... I thought you meant in an open case. Post-conviction, answer would be the same, as Mr Hoffman says. Good luck!

Read more
Answered on 11/16/12, 3:05 pm
Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

If you are talking about defending yourself in court against charges, and wanting to get a reduced plea bargain, you should hire counsel. Talk to local counsel about that.

If you are talking about expunging an old conviction, you can try to do it yourself, but can hire counsel to ensure it gets done right with appropriate pleadings and documentation. Feel free to contact me if serious about doing this.

Read more
Answered on 11/16/12, 4:47 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California