Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

I had made a bad decision and moved in with a female I barely knew. I was quickly made aware she was a violent alcoholic who, herself is an attorney. She is facing disbarment for three DUIs and will be on house arrest shortly. She became physically abusive, I called the police to protect myself and became agitated when they began taking her side. I was then brought into custody on what appears to be a 71PC in California, which I am told is a felony? I need some advice and counsel most likely ASAP. Please help.

Asked on 6/30/16, 10:34 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Joe Dane Law Office of Joe Dane

Yes - it is a felony. Just being arrested for a particular charge doesn't mean that it will be charged that way by the prosecution.

You need a good criminal defense attorney. I'd strongly suggest you find someone who focuses on criminal law and who routinely practices in the court where this case will be heard.

Which courthouse is this going to be in? I practice in Orange County primarily, but may have a referral for you if it is out of county.

Read more
Answered on 6/30/16, 10:57 am
Barney Gibbs Law Office of Barney B. Gibbs

Yes you need a criminal attorney.Please call (714)838-9019 for a consultation.I have been a criminal attorney for over 30 years and can help.

Read more
Answered on 6/30/16, 12:47 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California