Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

Money Own

We have a restraining order on our

neighbor, he did damage to our truck

and was order to pay, he claim he

couldnt pay the amount order but he

could do monthly payments of

$50.00 which was fine, but he sends

like 10 or more money orders for

$50.00 is there anything we can do

about this. We know he does it just

because he's mad about having to

pay us. We call the Assist. District

Attorney but she's said there nothing

that can be done.

Asked on 10/04/07, 3:51 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lyle Johnson Bedi and Johnson Attorneys at Law

Re: Money Own

I have not been involved in a situation such as this, but it would seem to me that there is something you can do. Tell him that the agreement for a $50 per month is a single payment consisting of one check, money order or cash payment. That unless he starts making the payment in this manner that you will take action to garnish his wages, attach his bank accounts etc. You also have the right to 10% per annum interest on the debt. You could also sell the judgment to a debt collector and not have to deal with him.

Read more
Answered on 10/18/07, 10:49 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California