Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

how can i obtain criminal records if i do not have an attorney?

Asked on 12/31/18, 10:29 am

1 Answer from Attorneys


If you are asking about your own records, you can request your criminal history from the California Department of Justice at You will need to have a livescan completed and $25.00, then, follow the instructions from the link.

That criminal history will tell you what the case number is and what court it is from. You can go to that courthouse and ask to see the file, if you are interested in case information. Some courts have records on-line that you can view.

If you are trying to get someone else's criminal record, there are various companies that provide public record searches and will provide information about criminal convictions as those are public records.

I hope this answers your question.

Best regards,

Elena Condes

Read more
Answered on 12/31/18, 1:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California