Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

I have been offered a settlement amount to repair damages my parked car received in a DUI hit and run case. The amount offered is only equal to the repair estimate amount. In California, am I entitled to loss of use compensation? If I counter the offer, will I jepordize the amount initially offered?

Asked on 3/18/13, 3:55 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

Legally, in a civil action, you are entitled to compensation for loss of use. This is a normal element of damages.

You have posted this in the category for Criminal Law. Is this a situation where you have been offered a restitution amount by a someone who is a defendant in a criminal case?

Read more
Answered on 3/22/13, 11:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California