Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

Ok...I was pulled over in Shasta Co. Ca. for a California stop at a stop sign. The cops asked if they could search me, and I said no. They attempted to do so anyways, so, I turned and ran. A city worker whom was driving by saw me run, and hit me with his truck to stop me. Is this legal? He didn't see the rest of the attempted search. Only saw me run from a cop.

Asked on 4/29/13, 9:53 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

The fact that a city worker hit you with his truck to stop you is not going to invalidate the arrest or raise any search and seizure issues in and of itself. If you have other issues as to the fruits of a search that you did not consent to, you need to raise this with your criminal defense attorney.

If you want to pursue legal action against the city worker who hit you with his truck, I suggest that you consult with a personal injury attorney as soon as possible.

Read more
Answered on 4/29/13, 12:37 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California