Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

Can a person descendants 2 County Jail after already serving a state prison term

Asked on 5/06/19, 4:10 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

If you are asking if a person can be 'sentenced' twice for the same crime, the answer is no.

If a person violates the terms of his parole or probation after being released early from prison, then it is possible to be sentenced on that violation to additional time, either in prison or possibly in jail.

Read more
Answered on 5/07/19, 9:45 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California