Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

the police have my prints already and my picture on file. so my thought is they want me to make a statement . which i will not do unless i have a lawyer present so what will happen next if its just a ramey warrant and no charges have been filed with the DA and its been over a month since the alleged crime has happened. im thinking of turning myself in on monday i am ready to go home i havent been home in one month i dont have a lawyer yet but im tired of this warrant hanging over my head if they had a solid case charges would be filed with the DA already right? a bail bondsman could not find a warrant with the DA office im just confussed and scared they want to try and charge me with burglary

Asked on 10/27/12, 10:38 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

David M. Wallin Law Offices OF David M. Wallin

Contact a criminal attorney who knows what they're doing, NOW. Never speak with law enforcement.....It never helps your position. A good lawyer, who has been around the block, will be able to find out where the investigation is, and what to expect, and prepare for every possible eventuality. Call me, for a FREE consultation, if you want to go over all the facts. I wish you well....................David Wallin....661-267-1313

Read more
Answered on 10/27/12, 12:18 pm

Theresa Hofmeister Theresa Hofmeister, Attorney At Law

same advice will stay regardless of how many times you post ... get an attorney. The DA has a long time to file charges, at least 3 years in a felony matter. Good luck!

Read more
Answered on 10/27/12, 12:54 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California