Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

on probation 5 years. extended 1 year as I still owe 44k restitution. now the probation dept took me back to court and told me if I don't come up with a large amount that was satisfactory, they would have the court send me to state prison. the judge today said work it out with probation collection and see her in court October 14. I been paying 225. month, for the next 2 months I have to pay300. I'm 72 and can't work as in poor health. type 1 diabetic,stage 4 kidney disease, high blood presue and a left foot that won't heal. live on social security $1,050 mo wife ill ss $500. month. with medical cost of serviving and no savings or assets. I don't know how I can get any money. can they put be in prision for

Asked on 8/12/15, 10:24 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lyle Johnson Bedi and Johnson Attorneys at Law

Obtain a statement as to your physical condition and the treatment you now or will soon need from your doctor. Do the same for you wife. Contact the public defender's office to day, and ask for an attorney to represent you. If you need a referral then ask the probation department for a referral. Should that fail when you go to court as the court to refer you to the public defender.

Read more
Answered on 8/14/15, 8:16 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California