Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

prop 36

in may i got prop 36 was ordered to go for assesment, then follow their instructions on where to go for treatment-mine was the lowest on 1-3 -their scale- mine was out treatment once a week. then an appt was made for me to meet with my probation officer with proof of address-i was homeless at the time and used my job address-proof of some other things etc. anyways, my point is : i have court in the morning, and im scared because i did go for my assesment, but due to so much going on-lost my job, crashed my car, and was homeless etc. i never went to the treatment center or the probation person...also, i moved to another county will the judge give me another chance to complete these.? i have no probation (prior) violations or anything. im scared, i dont want to go to jail

Asked on 8/10/07, 6:07 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anne Marie Healy Law Offices of Anne Marie Healy

Re: prop 36

I would send an attorney to plead your case to the judge and ask for a second chance. Keep in mind that you should go in as soon as possible. The longer you stay in violation, the worse it looks. Also, if you get picked up for the warrant, that looks worse than going in voluntarily to take care of this.

Read more
Answered on 8/10/07, 11:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California