Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

I punched someone in another country, but we are both American citizens, can he still sue me!

Asked on 12/26/12, 3:58 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

This is not a criminal question. It is a civil question, since you mention him suing you.

Anyone can sue you as long as they fill out some paperwork and pay a filing fee or obtain a fee waiver from the court. The issue is whether or not he or she would win the lawsuit, and whether you have any defense. That would have to be evaluated by an attorney after hearing all of the relevant facts.

Read more
Answered on 12/28/12, 9:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California