Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

I'm trying to purchase a gun. I have a 21 year old conviction for 273, 5 (A) PC. I had no legal representation and no trial. The original charge was 242 battery. How do I get this removed from my record

Asked on 5/20/16, 9:12 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joe Dane Law Office of Joe Dane

Sorry - it can never be completely removed from your record. Although you were only convicted of a misdemeanor which carried a 10 year ban on firearms, under Federal law because it is a domestic violence case, you have a lifetime ban under federal law.

Read more
Answered on 5/20/16, 9:17 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California