Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

my name is Raymond Molina. Are there pro bono lawyers willing to take a case that has clearly violated my rights and i was arrested after an illegal search and siezure of my vehicle that was in my driveway at the time.The police videos show they obviously prolonged the stop with there incriminating statements like "im just wondering if the gain is going to be worth it, theres nothing obvious but he has a bunch of 12021's but he is off probation. what you say? lets do it, F**k him." An the officer making a statement to disbatch and after you here him say to other officers that it was just all for show.. i also bailed out at $40,000 and remanded a month later and put on a $500,000 bail for being a possible suspect in a homicide and then bailed out again but almost 2 years later i have yet to hear anything about or any information about the homicide and i believe it was just a tatic they tried to use to make me ineligible for bail. is there anyway to overturn the bail because i really need an attorney but can not afford one because of it and i have had 4-5 public defenders and the one i have now does not help me at all. any advice would be HIGHLY APPRECIATED, Thank you.

Asked on 7/22/13, 1:23 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Kelvin Green The Law Office of Kelvin Green

You have left some details out of here. A public defender is the probono attorney you need. You don't mention ll the charges you have been arrested on. After two years there would be discovery, evidentiary hearings that would determine if there has been probable cause for the arrest. The fact that you have had 4-5 public defenders, tells me you are a difficult client.... Now you want someone to give you hundreds of hours worth of services for free? We have bills to pay and families to feed. We can't do all of this for free. My best advice is to either hire an attorney or learn to get along with your PD.

Read more
Answered on 7/22/13, 6:06 am

Edward Hoffman Law Offices of Edward A. Hoffman

I agree with Mr. Green. Besides, nothing you have said supports your claim that the police searched your car illegally or that they violated your rights in any way.

Your claims may indeed be true, but what you've written does not justify them. If you can demonstrate some serious police misconduct you might indeed be able to get a lawyer to represent you pro bono. But even if your case might interest such lawyers, they will be leery of working with you for the reasons Mr. Green mentioned.

Read more
Answered on 7/22/13, 12:39 pm
Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

I really wish you guys wouldn't post your names. I've seen investigators and cops google defendants names and find all kinds of stuff. Don't send me a nasty e-mail either.

Read more
Answered on 7/22/13, 4:39 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California