Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

i was rececently booked and charged on a felony count of possesion of methamphetamine technically it wasnt in my possesion and my brother admitted that the drugs found in our home belonged to him ive never had any problems with the law wat kan i do to clear my name and my record

Asked on 6/26/13, 1:39 pm

5 Answers from Attorneys

Edward Hoffman Law Offices of Edward A. Hoffman

People often possess things that belong to other people. Your brother's admission might not help you at all, though it may hurt him a great deal.

Since you haven't told us much about the facts, I can't assess your prospects. You should get a lawyer and discuss the specifics of your case with her.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 6/26/13, 1:53 pm

Kelvin Green The Law Office of Kelvin Green

You need a lawyer

Read more
Answered on 6/26/13, 7:26 pm
Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

You should really get an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, you should ask the court to appoint one for you.

Read more
Answered on 6/26/13, 8:17 pm
Joshua Hale Hale Law Group

Call my office at your convenience. You need an attorney now. Today. Not tomorrow.


Read more
Answered on 6/26/13, 8:59 pm
Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

"clear my name and my record"?

You defend the charges and try to 'win'.

A little free advice: exercise the 5th Amendment right to SHUT UP and do NOT talk to police or anyone about the case except with and through an attorney.

When charged with any crime, the proper questions are, can any evidence obtained in a test, search or statement be used against you, can you be convicted, and what can you do? No amount of free 'tips and hints' from here or elsewhere are going to effectively help in a legal defense. If you don't know how to represent yourself effectively against an experienced prosecutor intending to convict, then hire an attorney who does, who will try to get a dismissal, charge reduction, diversion, programs, or other decent outcome through motions, plea bargain, or take it to trial if appropriate.

If serious about hiring counsel to help in this, and if this is in SoCal courts, feel free to contact me. Iíll be happy to help fight and get the best outcome possible, using whatever defenses and sympathies there may be.

Read more
Answered on 6/28/13, 12:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California