Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

ok so ive recently been staying with my friend ive been through some rough times and he has been helping me out he works a regular 9 to 5 job as a heavey equpment operator running the back hoe. Anyways so im in the shower and all sudden i hear alot of banging its the cops im located in solano county however its napa county cops they threw me to the floor letting me grab a towel thank god they trashed the house an said they had a seach warrent for dave well no dave exists in this house they did not leave a log on wat they too and charged me with a bunch of charges as well i just got bailed out and am lost as to wat to do?

Asked on 1/31/12, 8:10 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Glen Fleetwood Mister DUI-800-468-2-502

Don;t start sentences with "ok"; you are not talking to your homies.

Learn to spell, and punctuate..

Hang out with a better class of people.

Read more
Answered on 1/31/12, 8:19 am

Edward Hoffman Law Offices of Edward A. Hoffman

Get a lawyer. The court will appoint one for you if you can't hire one, but you would probably be better off with private counsel.

It's not clear why the police executed the warrant at your friend's house, but even if they made a mistake you are probably not going to be able to complain about it. (Note that I said "probably". This is something you may be able to fight about.) If the police made an honest mistake, then anything they found while properly executing the warrant is fair game -- even against you. And even if this wasn't an honest mistake, chances are that your friend is the only one who can challenge the search.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 1/31/12, 9:00 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California