Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

do you have to register online as a sex offender in california?

Asked on 10/27/12, 5:37 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Marshall Law Office of Robert L, Marshall

No. You must register at your local law enforcement agency: the police department if you live within city limits, or the sheriff's department if you live in an unincorporated area of the county.

You may be confused with the Megan's Law website, which makes information about some sex offenders available to the public.

Read more
Answered on 10/27/12, 8:13 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California