Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

I Got released from work due to a misdemeanor 7 years ago, i called the court they told me to fill out forms to have it dismissed and that it could take 4-6 weeks to clear.My question is,is it possible to go to the courts see the judge and maybe have it dismissed that same day?

Asked on 8/10/13, 1:34 pm

6 Answers from Attorneys

Zadik Shapiro Law Offices of C. Zadik Shapiro

The procedures vary from county to county. But you are unlikely to get to see a judge the same day.. At best you would have to put your case on calendar and it might take 4-6 weeks to do that. For local information you should check with the probation department.

Read more
Answered on 8/10/13, 1:42 pm

Joe Dane Law Office of Joe Dane

No. The prosecutor must get notice and an opportunity to object. You have to give them 10 days notice.

Read more
Answered on 8/10/13, 8:33 pm
Kelvin Green The Law Office of Kelvin Green

Besides the notice requirement, there are some crimes tat are not even eligible

Read more
Answered on 8/10/13, 8:58 pm
Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

I agree with Mr. Dane.

Read more
Answered on 8/10/13, 10:17 pm
John Laurie Gertz and Laurie

You should have an attorney represent you. They can call and see if there will be any resistance to your motion and deal with this in advance.

Read more
Answered on 8/11/13, 11:03 pm
Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless


Read more
Answered on 8/13/13, 5:58 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California