Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

Having sex on the beach

i was arrested to have sex on the beach (with an other femal) and i have to go at the court at the end of this month. the problem is that i will not be here at this moment. i go to mexico (for vacations) and I will leave america beginning september. what will happen, if i don't go to my appointment? do i risk to be arrested in an other place or be checked at the border?

thank you for your answer.

Asked on 8/06/01, 5:19 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Victor Hobbs Victor E. Hobbs

Re: Having sex on the beach

I've read the other two replies by attorneys. I'll only suppliment their answers. Call the criminal clerk in the court you are to appear. Find out if the D. A. has filed your case with the court, and what is the earliest and latest time that you can appear during the day, and have the case sent to the judge. If they have the case go in early and make an appearance. Ask the judge to reset your matter for a continued arraignment or for a pretrial (settlement conference). If the case is filed as a misdemeanor you may hire an attorney now to make all your appearances and you will not have to appear. If the case is a felony then you will have to appear, or appear with an attorney. However, talk to an attorney if it is filed as a felony. And he/she may be able to make the appearance without you. I really really doubt it is filed as a felony. If making love to someone on the beach is a serious crime there's a lot of us in California in real trouble.

The court wants you to be responsible and that means taking care of the matter before you leave on vacation. So find out the status of your case from the clerk. You can also call the D. A. and find out if they are going to file, or what is the status of the filing, if the court clerk hasn't gotten the filing yet. Sll cases filed with the D. A. by the police are not accepted by the D. A.

What I've written above are some of the magic secrets of being a good criminal attorney. Just go in before your vacation and take care of the matter, or reset it for an appearance after you return.

Read more
Answered on 8/11/01, 6:58 pm


Re: Having sex on the beach

Rather than having an outstanding warrant which may cause numerous difficulties, you would be well advised to hire an attorney to take care of it. Please call me directly at (619) 222-3504.

Read more
Answered on 8/08/01, 11:03 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California