Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

What can i do for sexual remarks gesters made towards me everytime i go to the local gas station by a employee

Asked on 10/11/12, 12:43 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Zadik Shapiro Law Offices of C. Zadik Shapiro

You should post this question as a civil question.

Read more
Answered on 10/11/12, 3:50 pm

Theresa Hofmeister Theresa Hofmeister, Attorney At Law

Go to a different gas station.

I am wondering why on earth would you want to put up with that. Or why make an issue when it is somewhere you don't need to otherwise go. There are hundreds of gas stations. Right?

Unless there is some extreme situation, such as this is the only fuel within 40 miles of your house or something, if you keep going there, you would be deemed to be participating in it & anyone would reasonably conclude you were enjoying the remarks or banter.

(Apparently) participating & then complaining while still participating is not going to get you far in the legal arena.

Good luck!

Read more
Answered on 10/11/12, 3:59 pm
Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

Send a complaint letter to the owner / manager of the business. Change where you shop.

Read more
Answered on 10/11/12, 4:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California