Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

My son received a letter to appear in court for PC246.3b, we think it has to do with him using his bb gun in our back yard, at targets located on the ground. A neighbor said a bb hit the window and broke it. Is there any way to keep this out of court?

Asked on 8/01/16, 9:46 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joe Dane Law Office of Joe Dane

If he got a letter to appear, it is already headed to court at some level.

Is he a juvenile? If so, he may be given an informal diversion by probation without it being sent to court. Cooperate with the probation department and explain how you're handling things at home, discipline, responsibility, etc.

If he's an adult, by the time he got the letter, a decision was made and charges were filed. Time for a lawyer to represent him and protect his rights.

Read more
Answered on 8/01/16, 9:56 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California