Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

I am a state employee and I want to bring in a member from the press and allow them access to film our storage unit, our laboratory, and our office, in order to show the massive waste of our ridiculous spending. I would only allow them access to areas where I have legal access myself. IS THAT LEGAL FOR ME TO DO???

Asked on 9/29/09, 2:21 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

If you do, you'll be fired for misconduct. Your proper action is to formally report actual 'fraud or waste' to proper authorities such as the Attorney General and District Attorney, so you'd be protected from retaliation under whistleblower statutes. Feel free to contact me for legal help if serious about doing so.

Read more
Answered on 9/29/09, 3:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California