Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

I've gotten a subpoena to appear in court as a witness to testify against someone I was the victim of 10 years ago. Id love to,lock to guy up however i'm 7 months pregnant and the trial location is 7 hours away. The stress of all of this is making me,ill and putting my baby on jeopardy,since stress is not good on the baby. Is there a wayvout of this? Can my doctor write a, note excusing Me?

Asked on 4/05/13, 9:45 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Kelvin Green The Law Office of Kelvin Green

There is a reason a subpoena compels your appearance in court. Something does not seem right as trials don't normally take 10 years to get to probably ought to plan on showing up...

Read more
Answered on 4/05/13, 5:15 pm

Zadik Shapiro Law Offices of C. Zadik Shapiro

There should be the name of the attorney for the party that is subpoenaing you on the subpoena. Call that person and explain the problem. They may be able to get a continuance, excuse your appearance, or make other arrangements.

Read more
Answered on 4/06/13, 3:39 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California